Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas


Hi everyone,

For today, I’m writing you a short entry. It’s a special Christmas edition! I know that many people don’t celebrate Christmas, but I hope I won’t offend anyone with this post. I’m spending these days with my family. Before going on their winter holiday, Rachel and Mandy published special Christmas videos or podcasts.


What did Rachel publish? From this video, we can learn how to pronounce the word Santa. We can also see the snowy streets of New York City. In the video, she speaks about SantaCon. Pay a little to attention to the “T” sound. It’s one of the characteristics of American English that I like so much.

Two years ago, Rachel published a video about Christmas.  She demonstrated how to pronounce the word Christmas and how she celebrated this event with her friends through gift exchange and food decorating. When you watch this video, you feel as if you were there!

Let’s also check Mandy’s pronuncian.comIn episode 192, Mandy showed us how to pronounce holiday words such as “Merry Christmas!”, mistletoe, Santa Clause/St. Nicholas, reindeer, sleigh, Christmas tree, fake tree/artificial tree, tree farm, Scrooge, and Grinch. As she began to publish her podcast a couple of years ago, this is not her first show on Christmas. Jump to the Episode 123 “A Merry,Marry, Mary Christmas”.


After I finished editing this entry, both Rachel and Mandy published new material. I decided that I would mention them at the end. In a new video, Rachel shows how her family iscelebrating Christmas in 2013. We can see their nice Christmas tree, and we can hear how her family is singing a beautiful Christmas song. 
 
I think it’s enough for now. Here are Gardeniafly's comments: I hope that everyone out there has a wonderful holiday season! Remember to be thankful for everything/everyone you have around, study English despite the break, and eat lots and lots of delicious food!

If you celebrate Christmas, I wish you Merry Christmas with your love ones. If you don’t celebrate Christmas, I hope you have nice days during this period.

Let’s meet on next Monday (December 30th, 2013)!
 
Bye bye,

Attila

No comments:

Post a Comment