Sunday, December 29, 2013

Why I don’t teach, but I recommend ITALKI instead


Hi everyone,

I had different plans for the seventh entry today, but I changed my mind because of a frequently asked question. Several readers have asked me to teach via Skype, but I can’t. In this post, I'll explain why I don't teach and I'll recommend a great website where you can find teachers and friends. I'll introduce it to you very shortly.


I have had an amazing number of readers. To tell the truth, I didn’t expect 2,400 page views in the first weeks of my blog. I have had readers from Algeria, Cambodia, Hungary, Indonesia, Morocco, Oman, Serbia, Romania, Russia, and the United States These are the top 10 countries in alphabetical order.

I've received several questions and I was most frequently asked if I could teach English via Skype. Thank you very much for your trust in me, but believe me, I wouldn’t be a very appropriate teacher. I do love English; I love writing, speaking, reading, and listening to it. What I know is enough for a blog for sharing my experiences, but I’d be a cheater if I began to teach. However, I can give advice. The most important piece of advice I have for you is concentrated on finding a teacher.

There is a website called italki.  It specializes in finding teachers, students,  and friends depending on what you need. It’s easy to register and you only need an email address. It works in several languages so that beginners can use it too. It’s easy to find a teacher using its search tool and it's also easy to pay. You can pay with a bank card, PayPal, or by transferring money. If you’ve sent money, you can schedule lectures.
Would you like to know more about a teacher before paying him/her a lot of money? It’s totally possible to do so! Generally the teachers’ profiles are clear. If you need more information, you can send him/her a message or you can schedule a trial lesson. The trial lessons are remarkably cheaper than normal lessons.

It’s easy to register. No need to worry about timezone differences. If you’ve given your place of residence accurately, you will see the availabilities of each teacher in your time zone. If you find a good teacher, you can order a package which can save you a lot of money.

If you don’t have enough money, it’s possible to find an exchange partner. What does it mean to have an exchange partner? An exchange partner teaches you their language in exchange for you teaching them your native language. You can also write notebook entries that italki users can read and correct.
I can’t name all the advantages of italki. As far as disadvantages, maybe sometimes the website is a little slow when there are too many users online. However, this doesn’t prevent me from using the website at all.

And last but not least, it’s totally user friendly. The menus are understandable and they describe themselves. 

I have been using italki for two years and scheduled almost a hundred lessons with different teachers. I’ve found several friends on the site and highly recommend it.

This entry is reviewed and edited by Gardeniafly She is not searching new students anymore. But I can recommend someone else, or you can visit Italki.

Dear Gardeniafly! Do you have any comments?


There are definitely some major benefits to using italki. I've searched for many websites that do the same type of thing as italki by creating a platform to learn languages, but italki by far exceeds the typical language-learning website you'd find. There are so many teachers on italki that the prices are really decent as well. Even if you don't have a lot of money, you can usually find people to talk with in the language you're learning. The most important aspect of language learning is communicating with the people who speak your target language and italki is a great place to do that!

Thank you very much for your attention! If you celebrate December 31, I wish you great time and Happy New Year! 

Bye-bye,

Attila

4 comments:

  1. :) i'm looking forward to try that website . .
    sounds interesting !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hdeel, I'm sure you'll like italki. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is among the most significant information for me.
    And i am glad reading your article. But wanna remark on few
    general things, The website style is perfect, the articles is really great : D.

    Good job, cheers

    Also visit my homepage how to delete google plus account on ipad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking for the best online English Classes in Oman? Register at Ziyyara to take best online English language classes in Oman.
    Contact no:- +91-9654271931

    ReplyDelete