Well, what is Fluent 15? It is a 6 month long course. Why 15? You need no more than 15 minutes a day to accomplish it. What will you get for it?
- Members’ lesson pack – members get a pack of lessons each month. A pack consist of 8 lessons. I’m going to write about the contents of each lesson.
- Secret insiders group – subscribers get accepted as a member of a secret facebook group where they can speak with each other, in addition they can contact Gabby as well. She does her best to answer each question, and react on each post.
- Inbox accountability – Gabby sends emails about the lessons and gives several suggestions, tips for learning faster.
(I had to delete some broken links in July, 2015)
Let’s see what you can find in the first month package. After getting access to Fluent 15, you can see this page:
You can log in Fluent 15 or any other courses that you’ve subscribed for. After clicking on Fluent 15, you can get the most important information about the course and can open the Pack 1 (or later other packs).
Pack 1 of Fluent 15 consists of 8 lessons. What can you find in each lesson?
- There is a conversation between Gabby and Brittany (she is a native American English teacher like Gabby, living in Tokyo right now). The conversations are availabe in video (mp4) as well as in audio (mp3), so you can download them easily.
- Gabby added transcripts as well, so if you have some comprehension problems, it’s really helpful for you.
- Gabby also explains some cool phrases and idioms that she and Brittany used in the lesson. This ”reakdown” is also available in MP4 and MP3. I have to add it follows the good tradition of lesson pairs of Meeting Monday and Teaching Tuesday of All Ears English that I introduced a couple of months ago.
- You also get a guide that helps you to absorb the lesson.
To tell the truth, I missed the transcipts of the breakdown lesson, but it gave me an idea. Even the facebook group members can write down the breakdown transcripts. Well, I did the first transcripts (they’re available in Gabby’s Facebook group), and I hope there’ll be some other enthusiastic members as well.
What are Gabby and Brittany speaking about? In the first lesson ”Gabby asks Brittany a few questions about her hometown, Las Vegas. They talk about the common stereotypes of the city. Brittany shares about what it is like to live in Las Vegas not as a tourist.” Awesome!
I have to add that Gabby and Brittany are speaking at a normal every day American conversation pace. They are speaking very nicely, but it may seem quickly for a non native speaker. Why? You have to be familiar with this pace, if you want to uderstand Americans in every day life.
Let’s take a look at the content and Conversation guide of Lesson 1.
If it’s not enough for you to decide, you can watch a sample video on Gabby’s youtube channel.
You may ask what level of language learners I recommend this course? Well, I guess Gabby appreciates the effort of beginners but she concentrates on students at intermediate or advanced level. Even above a minimum required level, you can learn a lot of phrases, idioms; in addition you can train your ears and you listening comprehension will be better.
See you later,